Penbrook Resort2011 Events Calendar Details
We’ve added some new events to this year’s calendar and wanted to give you a better idea of what we have planned. For any new campers, please feel free to ask around and you’ll be sure to find out just what our events are all about.
July 1st weekend:
- We’ve added a raffle to this year’s calendar and we’re hoping to receive some prize donations for the raffle (as per the note delivered to each trailer). We will have a table of approx. 15 items and we will sell tickets – an arms length for $5.00 or 3 arms length for $10.00. Once you have your tickets you can then place as many of your tickets as you choose in the bag corresponding to the gifts that you want to be included in the draw for. More details will follow as we sell the tickets.
- We will also be having a Canada Day Parade on Saturday. Please decorate yourself, wagons, golf carts, bikes, whatever you like and join us in a parade around the park to show your patriotism to our Country. We’ll finish up with a picnic at the beach serving hamburgers and hotdogs for everyone.
- This will be our annual Halloween night starting at 7:30pm. Dress up the kids and send them out to each trailer for some yummy treats. Remember to get in the Halloween spirit and decorate your trailers and yourselves (if you wish) for this occasion. Group pictures will be taken in the rec hall afterwards.
- This will be our annual horseshoe tournament starting at 1:30pm. Come on out and join in the fun.
- Get your cups ready for our 2nd annual Flip Cup Tournament. We had a blast last year so we thought we would do it all again. Draft beer will be supplied at a price to be determined soon. Winners will get Champion t-shirts and, of course, bragging rights. Kids will start at 7:00pm with the adults at 8:00pm.
July 30th weekend: (our busiest weekend of the season)
- Spaghetti Dinner will again be served up on Friday night at 6:30 pm at Barb’s trailer. Everyone is welcome. This year we are asking for a $ donation from each family to help cover the costs of this event.
- We will hold a 50/50 draw on Saturday. Tickets will be sold starting at Spaghetti night and the draw will take place at the beach on Saturday afternoon.
- On Saturday afternoon will be watching and helping the kids sail their cardboard boats they have made. Details and rules for this event will follow under separate cover.
- Sunday morning busses will pick up a good number of our campers for our annual Golf Tournament held in Sundridge. We will leave the park at 8:30am and return at around 3:30pm. This is strictly a fun day of golf and all levels of golfers are encouraged to participate.
- We will hold a 50`s – 60`s Soc Hop. Let’s start out the night dancing to oldies music and see where we go from there. Fries with gravy and cherry cokes will be served so come out dressed in your favourite 50’s attire and join in the fun.
- Our favourite Karaoke Night and corn roast is back again by popular demand. Come on out to Lisa and Dean’s trailer and show off your singing talents (or not).
- We are planning some sort of activity for the kids this weekend. More details will follow once we have finalized.
- We have moved up the Auction from the Labour Day weekend. Details for this event will follow from Wendy and Christine.
- We will hold a pancake breakfast on Sunday morning between the hours of 8:30 and 10:30 am. Bring out the whole family for pancakes and bacon/sausages for a low cost.
- This year will hold a pig roast and wind-down-the-season party at the rec hall. We have not decided on a theme for the year end party, please let us know if you have any suggestions. More details and costs will follow.